All Teardrop style pallet racks are not created equal, in fact a buckled pallet rack can cause injury to employees, damage expensive merchandise, loss of time and money to upgrade or replace existing pallet racks. Easy Rack's Teardrop pallet racking offer tensile steel columns and heavy channel bracing soundly welded together result in a strong & reliable upright truss. Our bolt less design teardrop style pallet racks are for companies that are looking for teardrop pallet racks that are safe, easy to assemble, increase employee product selection accuracy, last for years and never have to worry about storage racks again.
Teardrop Style Pallet Racks & Racking
- Tear drop style pallet racks are the most popular industrial standard.
- Racks offer 2" adjustability for most efficient height usage
- Teardrop Pallet Racks come in standard widths to 64" and heights to 300" to cover most heavy duty storage applications.
- Height tensile steel columns & heavy channel bracing soundly welded together result in durable, strong and reliable upright truss.
- Tear drop racks are of a bolt less design that insures ease of assembly and adjustment.
- The finish is iron phosphate and powder coated to insure protection of rack components
- All teardrop pallet racks come in standard colors: dura-green - frames, safety orange-beams.
- Weight capacities to 35,000 lbs. based on 54" beam spacing.
- All teardrop pallet rack components designed in accordance with the Rack Manufacturer's Institute and conform to light gage cold form standards.
We represent some of the Nation's largest manufacturers of roll formed steel teardrop style pallet racking & selective storage rack systems that are designed to be universally compatible with virtually any existing "Interlake teardrop" including Ridg-U-Tier II, Husky, USP, Monarch, Unarco, Autolock, Steel King, Inca, Kingway or Clymer teardrop style upright frames. The term "Teardrop" refers to the shape of the hole pattern on the face or front of the green or blue upright column. Sometimes compatibility is a problem when you try to integrate new beams into an existing teardrop rack structure. Our tear drop rack is designed for durability and value.
Teardrop style selective pallet rack is called "Selective" because of it offers tremendous selectivity. You are able to access every pallet in a selective rack system. Teardrop rack is the most economical and efficient way to store pallets or bulk boxes and maximize valuable storage space in your warehouse. As the owner or leaser of a warehouse you must realize that you are paying for every square foot of space and to not maximize that space is a waste of money. Our Teardrop rack can be used for a variety of storage applications including selective pallet storage racks, narrow aisle selective, bulk storage, carpet storage, drum storage, cable reel storage, marine boat storage, retail racks, rack supported mezzanines and pick modules.
Standard step beam or load beam lengths range from 48", 96", 108", 120" & 144" in length.We can manufacture beams from 48" up to 192" in length and just about anywhere in between. Our step beams have a standard 1-5/8" step down for wire decking, crossbars or wood decking. Step beam end pieces have three or four high-strength button head studs on beam connector plate and self-locking safety auto-locks on beam connector face to insure beams stay connected to upright. Step beam capacities range from 2200 lbs. capacity per pair of beams or shelf capacity to 8340 lbs. capacity per shelf level. When capacities exceed 8340 lbs we use structural steel rack. Standard colors are willow green or royal blue upright frames and safety orange beams. Special colors include gray, yellow, blue or any color match.
Features of our teardrop selective pallet rack systems include:
1. Teardrop Upright Frames made of 14 or 15 GA. tubular steel with horizontal and diagonal bracing. Includes standard foot plates. Our racking is
available with a 3" w. x 1-5/8" d. x 15 Ga. steel column offering 15,000 lbs. capacity; 3" x 3" x 15 Ga. steel column with 19,980 lbs. capacity; 3" x 3" x 14 Ga. steel column with 24,540 lbs. cap. or 3" x 3" x 12 Ga. steel columns with 30,000 lbs cap. Capacities are based on beam levels spaced every 48". Our heavy-duty uprights offer greater resistance, less torque for greater resistance to fork truck damage. Affordable rack reinforcement will increase rack life and save you from replacing damaged uprights. Standard upright color is green or royal blue.
2. Teardrop Step Beams are made of 14 Ga. or 15 Ga. tubular steel include factory installed Auto lock Safety clip makes a clicking sound when beam is secure and prevents beams for dislodging. Full filet welds adds to beams strength and durability. Safety orange beams allow lift truck drivers easy recognition of beam level at high elevations. Safety orange color aids in safe loading and unloading of racks.
3. Pre-Drilled footpad or footplate with the standard two-hole pad makes lagging anchors into concrete floor easy. Also comes in 5" w. x 7" l. enlarged sized for some seismic applications. (Size and number of anchors required for seismic applications can only be determined by a professional engineer.)
4. Upright Frames are made of two columns joined together by diagonal and horizontal Steel Bracing. We have high strength rolled steel bracing that
is either welded or comes factory bolted with grade five serrated lock nuts. Our teardrop rack is manufactured to RMI (Rack Manufacturers Institute) Specifications.
5. You must purchase the proper Rack Accessories to insure a safe and successful rack installation. Wire Decking is used to safely support full pallet loads or less than pallet load quantities. Advantages include self cleaning: Dust and dirt doesn't collect on shelves, overhead lights disperse through mesh decking and offers better product identification. With the rising price of wood and cut charges wire decking is becoming the most affordable and popular choice. Fire Marshall’s and insurance companies are often requiring wire or corrugated metal decking.
Flanged Crossbar Pallet Supports are offered in lengths of 36”, 42” and 48”. Custom sizes available. Cross bars are an inexpensive way to safely support full pallet loads. (Use 2 or 3 under each pallet to support pallet load.)
6", 8", 10" or 12" Row Spacers: We strongly recommend you use row spacers to connect uprights together in back-to-back row. Makes Install Easier and rack rows straighter. Row spacers create a flu space that is helpful in burying building columns.
Wall Spacers: Secures rack to the wall. Not recommended for seismic applications.
12" h. or 16" h. Column Protector/ Post
Protectors. Safety Orange or Yellow. Requires floor anchor mounting. Protects upright column from forklift abuse.
4-1/4" x ½" Steel Anchor Bolts. Secures upright legs to concrete slab floor.
Shims. Levels upright on uneven concrete floor.
If you have Tear Drop pallet rack or need help identifying the brand you have please give us a call 1-800-952-0151 or click here for a quote.