Drive in Pallet Rack Systems
Drive-in racking is designed for the storage of
homogenous products. It accommodates a large
number of pallets. This system makes
better use of the available surface and height space
than any other.
The installation is made up of a set of racking units
that form inner loading aisles, with support rails for
the pallets. The forklift trucks enter these inner
aisles with their load held higher than the level at
which it is to be deposited.
Each loading aisle has support rails on both sides.
These are arranged on different levels and the
pallets are placed on top. This racking system is
made of extremely robust material, thus making it
suitable for storing fully-loaded pallets.
The drive-in system can accommodate as many pallets as there are loading aisles. The
number of pallets will depend on the depth and height of the loading aisles. It is advisable
to store products with the same pallet in each loading aisle, in order to avoid unnecessary
pallet manoeuvres. The depth of each aisle will depend on the number of
pallets per row, the space available and the length of time they will be stored.
|Drive In / Drive Thru Racks
For cost-effective, high-density storage, Drive-in / Drive-thru racking is often the choice. Requiring fewer aisles, and providing better cube utilization than selective rack, drive-in / drive-thru rack allows you to store up to 75% more pallets than selective racking. Because forklifts drive directly into the rack, drive-in / drive-thru racks are subject to more abuse than any other rack structure. Drive-in rack is engineered and manufactured to better stand up to the punishment, allowing us to become the market leader in drive-in racking.
- Drive-in / drive-thru racking can utilize structural channel or bolted tubular uprights
- Load rails are constructed of durable structural angle steel.
- Load rails feature a flared entry design, allowing for easier bay access.
- Space-saver low profile arms increase clearance and decrease possible product damage.
- Welded rail stops prevent loads from being pushed off and improve safety.
We offers a wide variety of safety options for drive-in racking, including offset front legs, heavy horizontals, reinforcement posts, welded-angle column protectors, free standing column protectors, wider footplates, and seismic designs. Request a quote now for custom design information.
Better, by Design Drive-in / drive-thru features and benefits include:
- Ideal solution for large volume storage of like product
- Welded frame construction delivers high rigidity and strength
- Drive-In rack uses a common entry and exit
- Drive-Thru rack has a separate entry and exit
- Use of structural or roll-formed components with many options
- Reduces space costs by storing more loads in less space
Additionally, We offer a wide variety of safety options for
drive-in racking including:
- Offset leg (shown at left)
- Heavy horizontal
- Reinforcement posts
- Welded-angle column protectors
- Free-standing column protectors
- Wider footplates
- Seismic Designs
- Steel Guard Protective Railing
Back to Pallet Rack
2017 © JorgensonMaterialHandling.com | All Rights Reserved
Home | Contact Us | Become A Dealer